Mental health problems can affect anyone, no matter what age or stage of life. If you’re struggling with how you’re feeling, it can be scary and upsetting. At Oxfordshire Mind we’re here to make sure that you have the support you need during this time.
If you’re a child or young person and you’re struggling with your mental health or wellbeing, get in touch with us.
Call: 01865 247788
Our Children & Young People team are also here to support parents, and staff members working with young people. This includes:
Children & Young People
- Primary years
- 10-16 years old
- 16-25 years old
At Oxfordshire Mind our CYP service are helping to support young people from primary ages through to adulthood. We offer support around understanding mental health, supporting themselves and others, understanding signs and symptoms, and provide a range of services that are age appropriate.
A few examples of how we can help;
- Working in primary schools to deliver assemblies to pupils
- In secondary schools providing class based workshops
- Providing higher education colleges with group support around wellbeing
- Delivering 1-2-1 support for Oxford Brookes university students
- Creating bespoke workshops designed to support special educational needs schools
- Delivering interactive workshops for youth/sports groups across the county
- Offering information, advice and support around wellbeing to young people who are not in education, employment or training
Oxfordshire Youth & Oxfordshire Mind have created the Youth in Mind Map, this interactive map lists a range of organisations that provide activities or support for young people across the county.
Also a more detailed version of services across Oxfordshire can be found in the CYP section of the Mind Guide, this lists a variety of organisations aimed at supporting 0-25 ages.
If you are a young person looking for support please see the following sites for additional information:
- Parents of children in Primary Education
- Parents of children in Secondary Education
- Parents of children in Further Education
- Parents of children in Special Educational Needs
- Parents of children who are not in education or employment
At Oxfordshire Mind our CYP Service believe everyone needs to be supported when it comes to mental health and wellbeing. We are here to offer guidance for parents or carers to support their young people. Understanding how to support them on a daily basis, how to look after them in difficult situations and most importantly looking after your own mental health and wellbeing.
We can provide workshops to help discuss relevant issues surrounding mental health, understanding the signs and symptoms, and how to provide support on the subjects. We can also provide wellbeing workshops that can be a useful tool to improve resilience for yourselves as guardians and the family as a whole.
Other services Oxfordshire Mind can support with can be peer support led groups, based at our locality hubs across the county. Also parents or carers can book onto short courses which can focus on improving their own wellbeing, with courses such as, managing stress, assertiveness, exploring self-esteem and managing strong emotions.
Our Benefits for Mental Health Service (BBMH) can also provide financial advice for parents or carer’s whose child is under the age of 16 years old, support with disability living allowance (DLA) which can help assist guardians to care for their young person and can link to carers allowance.
Please contact our information line on 01865 247788 for more details or send the CYP team an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff working with young people
- Teaching staff
- College/University Staff
- Youth Club Workers
- Pastoral/Student Support Staff
At Oxfordshire Mind our CYP Service can provide mental health & wellbeing support to pupils at school through delivering classroom workshops, assemblies or projects. These are used as early preventive support and can reflect topics relevant to young people.
As staff working with young people, your mental wellbeing is equally as important and Oxfordshire Mind can help to provide a range of services available across the county. We can provide individual options session to discuss what support is both suitable and available for the person’s needs. We provide group based support around wellbeing topics such as, managing stress and managing strong emotions. We can also refer to our partners TalkingSpace plus for 1-to-1 CBT therapy.
We can provide your organisation/school staff workshops tailored around wellbeing to help support yourselves and the young people you are responsible for. Our service can also provide information, support and advice around tackling stigma and providing mental health care.
Our development team are also able to provide 2 day mental health first aid training which is accredited by MHFA England, along with additional training options, please see our training page.
For more information on services available please see our CYP service menu:
- Beginners Fitness & Wellbeing (4 week course)
- Day Workshops for staff working with CYP
- Workshops designed to support parents/carers
- Workshops designed to support young people
- Wellbeing for schools workshop
- CYP whole school approach ‘The Big Umbrella’
- Information service, support and advice
This is a developing service, please contact us with any queries.