The Training Team’s mission is: ‘ensuring what we do is of the highest quality and content to support people’s mental health.’
Oxfordshire Mind’s Workplace Training delivers high quality interactive courses, workshops and presentations. The training aims to promote understanding of mental health, reduce stigma and provide practical tools to support mental health in the workplace, thus reducing stress and promoting wellbeing. The training is delivered in-house or at a venue of choice for companies and organisations across Oxfordshire.
We have different half-day modules of training available, and you can find out more about each module by clicking on the buttons below. We recommend combining two module courses for a comprehensive, cost-effective, full day of training.
For further information please contact us:
Phone: 01865 263 758
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA):
Adult Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) two-day training is accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health and qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider.
Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers, signs and symptoms of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to guide someone towards appropriate help and support, such as self-help resources, their employer, the NHS, or emotional support services
- The training is delivered by a qualified mental health instructor. This incorporates the Adult MHFA Manual, a Workbook and an Action Card containing MHFA information. Participants will also receive a certificate on completion of the course. The 12-hour MHFA course is delivered over two days at our main office in Oxford. This costs £250 per person. Discounted places may be available for eligible participants.
Alternatively, we provide dedicated MHFA courses for companies, organisations and community groups. The cost is £2,500 for up to 16 participants in-house.
This training is open to anyone over 18 years of age including employers, professionals, service providers, carers, service users, and the general public.
“I feel empowered now within my role, to support others and myself.”Understanding Mental Health course participant
“I found this course to be extremely informative, raising a lot of discussions and thought. I would recommend this course to anyone who wishes to be greater informed and requires tools to help assist others.”In-House Mental Health First Aid participant
If you have previously attended one of our courses and wish to support our work with a testimonial, we’d love to hear from you.