The festive time of year is different for everyone.
For some, it is important for them to focus on their faith and observe Buddhi, Yule, Umoja, Chanukah, Kujichagulia or Christmas. For others, it’s a time of year when they focus on taking a break from work and spending more time with family and friends.
For others, December can be a difficult time of year for many reasons. Perhaps you’re a caregiver, maybe you are lonely, or you might be feeling the financial strain.
But what is similar for most people is that we experience pressure to make sure everything is ‘perfect’ which comes with pressure, strain, and expenses.
Here is a list of services you can access if you need support this festive season.
Oxfordshire Mind is not an emergency service. If you, or someone close to you, requires emergency help:
- Dial 999 if your life, or the life of someone you know, is at immediate risk.
- Dial 111 if you need medical help quickly, but it’s not an immediate risk, or if it is out-of-hours for your General Practitioner (GP) surgery.
- Contact your General Practitioner (GP) if you are experiencing mental health problems and are not known to local mental health services.
- Call Oxfordshire Safe Haven. They offer short-term, out-of-hours support to adults experiencing mental health crises in Oxfordshire. We do not define what crisis is, anyone over 18 can self-refer for the same day by giving us a call at 01865 903037. Phone support is available for anyone in Oxfordshire every evening of the week from 6 pm-10 pm and during the day on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (11.30-3 pm). People can also book face-to-face support in Oxford – open every evening from 6-10 pm.
- Call Samaritans for emotional support on the phone, 24 hours a day 365 days a year. You can contact them via freephone at 116 123 or the local Oxford Samaritans at 01865 722 122. These services are open 24/7, including Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
- Call CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably)if you’re a male in the UK who needs to talk or find support, on 0800 58 58 58 (5 pm–midnight, 365 days a year). These services are open 24/7, including Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
Service open Monday-Thursday 9:30 am to 4:30 pm; Friday 9:30 am to 4:00 pm. excl. Bank Holidays
Benefits for Better Mental Health
24/12/22 – 02/01/23 Services closed, monitoring inbox for emergency contact.
Adult Mental Health Team
24/12/22 – 02/01/23 Services closed, but still accepting referrals.
Physical Health and Wellbeing Team
24/12/22 – 02/01/23 Services closed. Berkshire services still accepting referrals.
Services are open from 11.30 am to 9.30 pm every day.
Primary Care Oxfordshire
Service open, but no referrals Monday – Friday excl. Bank Holidays. Full service resumes Tuesday 3rd.
Primary Care Wokingham
Accepting Referrals Monday – Friday excl. Bank Holidays. Full service resumes Tuesday 3rd.
CYP & Families
Services operating Monday – Friday excl. Bank Holidays.
Cherwell and West (Email: email@example.com)
Oxford City (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
South & Vale (Email: email@example.com)
Please contact the Oxfordshire Mind Communications Team via email, for all communication and media requests.