For any mental health enquiry, large or small, we provide information and signposting to mental health services for people living in Oxfordshire.
We are here for people experiencing or worried about their mental health as well as families, carers, friends and professionals. You can ask us a specific question about mental health or mental health services or tell us about your situation and we will suggest some options for getting you help and support.
We can’t give medical advice or make a diagnosis, but are able to point you in the direction of someone who can.
The Information Line is open Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 4:30pm (closed bank holidays).
- 01865 247788
- By email
- Or visit the online Mind Guide
- Write to Information Service, 2 Kings Meadow, Oxford OX2 0DP
If the line is busy during the opening hours, please leave a voice mail and we will aim to call back on the same working day. We will not leave a message without your permission.
When you are looking for support or wish to access Oxfordshire Mind’s services, we start with an Options session with a Wellbeing Service Worker to discuss your mental health and wellbeing, and help you to find the right support.
The session lasts around 25 minutes, either over the telephone or in person. During the session we will:
- Take some personal information
- Talk about your mental health and wellbeing
- Complete a brief wellbeing questionnaire
- Book you onto one of our courses and provide information about relevant services
- Arrange a follow up call with you to review your wellbeing and discuss any steps taken.
Sessions are confidential and free. We are here to help you decide what is best for you.
Who can attend an Options sessions?
Options sessions are open to anyone over 16 years living in Oxfordshire who wants information and support around their mental health. If you’re worried about your own mental health, this can be a good place to start getting help.
How do I attend one?
Options sessions take place over the telephone or in person at one of our venues in Abingdon, Banbury, Bicester, Witney or Cowley in Oxford. To arrange an Options session, call the Information Line on 01865 247788. Also you can simply call into a Wellbeing service hub in Cowley, Witney and Abingdon. Call our Information Line for details of these centres or visit our Contact page.
You can also fill in the form below with your details and one of our workers will call you to book an options session.
Some tips on getting the best out of your call or Options session
- Try to organise a quiet place where you can talk undisturbed
- Write down any questions you would like ask or ideas about the support you are looking for
- You might find it help to look at mind.org.uk for information about mental health conditions
- Have a pen and paper to write down the details of services