Berkshire West – Wokingham, Reading and West Berkshire
We passionately believe that no one should have to face a mental health challenge on their own.
Mind in Berkshire has just launched our new Mental Health & Wellbeing A&E Outreach Project at the Royal Berkshire Hospital
The A&E Outreach Service is here for people who have accessed the Emergency Department for their mental health, who may be feeling suicidal or at risk of self-harm and need follow-up support. Our Safety & Wellbeing Worker, supported by the Mental Health Integrated Care System, will contact you within 3 working days of your discharge, offering a maximum of 4 support sessions.
The Safety and Wellbeing Workers can:
- Work with you to develop a comprehensive safety plan to help you seek support if you feel like this again.
- Encourage connection with others to help reduce feelings of isolation.
- Tell you about coping skills you can implement to support your wellbeing.
- Provide educational strategies to help manage triggers of self-harm or thoughts of ending life.
- Find services that are most appropriate in supporting your wellbeing.
Referrals can be completed by the Psychological Medicine Service at Royal Berkshire Hospital.
If you need support now, please contact Breathing Space in Berkshire. You can find more information here: https://www.together-uk.org/projects/berkshire-west-breathing-space/
Get in touch
If you’d like to find out more about this service, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org