Finding it hard to cope with issues of wellbeing? Are you struggling with your Mental Health? Finding it hard to pick up the phone to call for information and advice?
If you have answered yes to any of the questions above, then the new Text Information Service [TIS] from Oxfordshire Mind might be useful for your needs.
You can text into Oxfordshire Mind using the following number – 07451 277973
- You can text in with your questions around mental health and wellbeing
- You can text in with your concerns around your mental health and wellbeing
Oxfordshire Mind will help you by
- Responding back to you by text messaging
- We will be able to pass on suggestions around mental health and wellbeing to your mobile
- Information will be sent to you on text
- You can find the information quickly as it will be on your phone within your messages.
- The service is available from 9am to 4pm each day.
- This is NOT an emergency service – do not contact by text if you require an immediate response.
- The service is not monitored after 4pm each day, over weekends and bank holidays therefore if you need specialist support, please contact NHS 111 and ask for the Mental Health Helpline.
When you text in between the hours of 9 am and 4pm you will get an acknowledgement text after a few seconds. You will get another text message asking for consent. You will be asked to reply CONSENT to confirm Ox Mind can store your data electronically then you will get connected to an Information Worker who will try to offer the most appropriate advice and information for your needs at that time. They will hold a conversation with you using text messaging. Once the conversation has concluded you will get a final text message summarising the recommendations suggested.
Please note we will not reply back to any text messages that contains abusive or inappropriate language.
This service is an alternative way to gain support from the Information Service rather than using the more traditional ways of phone or email.
We hope you will find this service useful and value your feedback on how you feel the service worked for you. If you are happy to give feedback, please click on this link.