- Dial NHS 111 for mental health advice for adults and children from Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire 24/7 Mental Health Helpline. You can also call this number if you need medical help quickly, but it’s not an immediate risk, or if it is out-of-hours for your General Practitioner (GP) surgery.
- Call Childline if you are under 19 in the UK with any issue you are going through. You can talk about anything. Whether it is something big or small, their trained counsellors are here to support you. 0800 1111 (Monday-Sunday, 9am – midnight).
- Text YoungMinds Crisis Messenger if you are under 25 and experiencing a mental health crisis and need support.This free text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK, you can text YM to 85258.
- Call Papyrus Hopeline UK if you are under 35 and experiencing suicidal thoughts. They provide confidential support and suicide intervention through the helpline, with trained professionals giving support, advice and information to young people, or people worried about a young person being at risk of suicide. 0800 068 4141 (Mon to Fri, 9am – 10pm) (Weekends and bank holidays, 2pm to 10pm).
- Call Oxford Safe Haven if you are 18 years or older and you experience a mental health crisis at the weekend. They offer crisis support over the weekend (Friday-Monday 6pm-10pm) and can be reached on 01865 903 037.
- Call Banbury Safe Haven if you are 18 years or older and you experience a mental health crisis at the weekend. They offer crisis support over the weekend (Friday-Monday 6pm-10pm) and can be reached on 01295 270004.
- Call Samaritans for emotional support on the phone, 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Call free on 116 123.
- Call CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably) if you’re a male in the UK who needs to talk or find support, on 0800 58 58 58 (5pm–midnight, 365 days a year).
Do you require emergency help?
The Mental Wealth Academy is a service for 16-25-year-olds experiencing mild to moderate mental health problems. It is not an emergency service. If you, or someone close to you aged 16-25, requires emergency help then please use the list below.