Oxfordshire Mind Housing has been engaged in developing housing and support services for over twenty years. In April 2010 Oxfordshire Mind and Response joined in partnership to work together to simplify access, widen housing options, improve move–on and promote recovery.
What are Transitional Services?
These are short-term services offering medium level accommodation based support in the city and throughout Oxfordshire.
Accommodation is provided in various settings i.e. large and small shared houses and self contained flats. The support will promote recovery with the aim of helping people to move on within 2 years to independent housing.
The service is part of a pathway of supported accommodation options for people with mental health and housing needs in Oxfordshire. The aims of the service are to:
- To promote quality of life, independence and social inclusion.
- To achieve personal recovery and empowerment.
- To prevent homelessness and events leading to homelessness.
- To reduce admissions to hospital and the likelihood of admission to hospital.
- To assist in the process of establishing stable and cohesive communities.
- To work in partnership with, and link Service Users to other organizations, both specialist and mainstream