Whether you want to pick up a skill, or develop an interest you already have, learning something new can really help to improve your mental wellbeing. That’s why we run a series of educational courses and workshops throughout the year.
Oxfordshire Mind are pleased to offer a range of our wellbeing courses virtually. Our available courses focus on exploring resources and tools which can support your wellbeing and will help you to build on a range of skills helpful to manage stress, which will help to support you.
Our upcoming courses include:
Exploring Self Esteem – Face to face
This course is designed to give us the skills and tools we need to promote good mental health and to better manage our wellbeing.
The course will explore what self-esteem is, how it is affected and will provide participants with the skills & techniques they need to boost their confidence and sense of self worth.
It is essential that you attend the first session in order to continue on this course. This course will be available on the following dates:
- 29/09/2020 to 10 or 17/11/2020 – 2:00pm – 4:00pm (Cherwell and West)
Assertiveness – Online Workshop
This course/workshop is designed to improve individual communication skills & provide participants with the tools to promote good mental health.
During the course we will look at what it is to be assertive as well as exploring some practical skills & techniques which can help people develop their communication skills, increase their confidence and improve their wellbeing .This course will be available on the following dates:
- 19/11/2020 and 26/11/2020 – 2:00pm – 4:00pm (Cherwell and West)
- 2/12/2020, 9/12/2020 and 16/12/2020 – 2:00pm – 4:00pm (South and Vale)
Managing Strong Emotions – Face to face
This course is for people who have difficulty with managing their emotions such as anger, grief, jealousy etc.
Each participant will need an assessment with the course facilitator s before being accepted onto this course. This is in addition to the OPTIONS session. This course will be available on the following dates:
- 7/10/2020 to 25/11/2020 – 10:00am – 12:00pm (South and Vale)
- 21/10/2020 to 09/12/2020 – 10:00am – 12:00 noon (City)
5 Ways to Wellbeing – Online Workshop
A 2 hour workshop providing a space to connect with others and focus on our wellbeing in the current circumstances. This course will be available on the following dates:
- 11/11/2020 – 10:00am – 12:00 noon (Cherwell and West)
- 10/11/2020 – 5:30pm – 7:30pm (South and Vale)
- 15/09/2020 – 10:00am – 12:00 noon (City)
Managing Stress – Online Workshops (2 sessions)
2 x 2 hour sessions aiming to provide a space to learn some tools to manage and support stress and wellbeing. This course will be available on the following dates (both dates must be attended):
- 14/10/2020 and 21/10/2020 – 10:00am – 12:00 noon (Cherwell and West)
- 21/10/2020 and 25/11/2020 – 10:00am – 12:00 noon (Cherwell and West)
- 4/12/2020 and 11/12/2020 – 10:00am – 12:00 noon (South and Vale)
- 28/09/2020 and 05/10/2020 – 2:00pm – 4:00pm (City)
Keep updated with our courses
To be the first to know when we have a new course or workshop available, subscribe to our courses and workshops mailing list.