Improving staff wellbeing at work can help boost your organisation’s productivity, reduce lost working days and improve your staff recruitment and retention – all good things for your bottom line, for your company and for any member of your workforce who has mental health problems.
Oxfordshire Mind works with employers across the county to help them improve workplace wellbeing, improving staff understanding of mental health problems and support for people.
How we can help your company
- Provide posters for your staff room or intranet promoting the Information Service.
- Adopt the Five Ways to Wellbeing for your wellbeing events to encourage staff to take care of their mental health. We can provide Five Ways postcards or download a Poster to help raise awareness among staff.
- Share our experiences of becoming a Mindful Employer and the benefits us.
- Run information stalls at events to raise awareness of mental health and services.
- Signpost to services and information resources to help you support staff experiencing mental health problems.
In 2012 Oxfordshire Mind signed up to the Mindful Employer Charter for Employers who are Positive about Mental Health. It is a voluntary initiative for employers who share a commitment to work with a positive and enabling approach to employees and job applicants with mental health problems. We have just completed our 2 year review setting out what we are doing well and where we could improve.