Interview date: Thursday, December 5th, 2019
Closing date: Monday, November 25, 2019
About Oxfordshire Mind
We’re Mind, the mental health charity. We’re here to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support; in total over 20,000 people in Oxfordshire access our services each year. With one in four people experiencing a mental health problem at some point in their lives, people need Mind more than ever. Our work includes:
- The Transitional Supported Housing Recovery Service (part of the Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership).
- The TalkingSpace Plus psychological therapy service in partnership with Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.
- The Oxfordshire Mind Wellbeing Service, which is part of both the TalkingSpace Plus and Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnerships and includes:
- Five Wellbeing Centres throughout the county
- Public Wellbeing & Information Services
- Physical Activity and Wellbeing
- Benefits for Better Mental Health, a welfare benefits advice service
- Volunteering and Peer Support Opportunities
- Raising awareness and campaigning activity.
We employ over 100 staff and operate in 28 locations around the county.
- Contract: 12 months fixed term, ending October 2020
- Hours: 37 Hours per week
- Salary: £21,166 – £24,313 per annum (11-18 NJC Salary Scale)
- Holidays: 28 days plus bank holidays (per annum pro rata)
- Probationary Period: 6 Months
- Pension: Auto enrolment scheme in place
- Place of work: South and Vale localities
Purpose of the Job
This post holder will:
- Oxfordshire Mind AMHT Wellbeing Service Workers will offer up to six one-to-one sessions with service users of Oxfordshire Adult Mental Health Teams (AMHT) to find solutions to maintain and improve their own wellbeing.
- Service users will be referred by staff in the AMHT across Oxfordshire and may be people who are: · Likely to be discharged following an initial assessment with the AMHT or after a brief period of treatment. · Unlikely to meet the threshold for an initial assessment with the AMHT · Currently receiving treatment from AMHT but due to be discharged
- Wellbeing Workers will work in a person-centred way, supporting individuals to build resilience and utilise resources in their community to maintain or improve levels of wellbeing and mental health without ongoing support from the AMHT.
- The project will aim to contribute to a reduction in demand on AMHT frontline practitioners and reduce re-referrals to AMHT by enabling service users to access appropriate support and avoid reaching a point of mental health crisis.
- The Wellbeing Workers will act as a point of contact for AMHT staff and will share knowledge and expertise in relation to community-based support providers and resources.
For more information, please see the job description: OXM AMHT Wellbeing Service Worker Job DescriptionOn your application please state your preferred working location: Oxford City or South and Vale.Please note that it will be essential to hold a full UK drivers licence and own car, for the South and Vale post only.
How to Apply
You must complete a personal details form, and application form (C.V.s are NOT acceptable). We would also be grateful if you could fill out an equal opportunities monitoring form. These forms are linked below.
VERY IMPORTANT: Applicants should structure their ‘General Information’ by responding to each of the points listed in the Person Specification / Selection Criteria. The shortlisting panel make their decisions based on this information and no assumptions about your skills or experience will be made. CVs will not be accepted.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or send them to Oxfordshire Mind, 2 Kings Meadow, Osney Mead, Oxford OX2 0DP.
Where possible we will confirm whether your application has been successful via email. If you do not have an email address, kindly forward a stamped addressed envelope for your reply.