Interview dates: Wednesday 31st July and Thursday 1st August 2019
About Oxfordshire Mind
We’re Mind, the mental health charity. We’re here to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support; in total over 20,000 people in Oxfordshire access our services each year. With one in four people experiencing a mental health problem at some point in their lives, people need Mind more than ever. Our work includes:
- The Transitional Supported Housing Recovery Service (part of the Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership).
- The TalkingSpace Plus psychological therapy service in partnership with Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.
- The Oxfordshire Mind Wellbeing Service, which is part of both the TalkingSpace Plus and Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnerships and includes:
- Five Wellbeing Centres throughout the county
- Public Wellbeing & Information Services
- Physical Activity and Wellbeing
- Benefits for Better Mental Health, a welfare benefits advice service
- Volunteering and Peer Support Opportunities
- Raising awareness and campaigning activity.
We employ over 100 staff and operate in 28 locations around the county.
Closing date: Monday 22nd July 2019
- Hours: 15 Hours per week
- Salary: SCP 11-18 (£21,166 - 24,313) Per Annum, Pro Rata
- Holidays: 28 days plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Probationary Period: 6 Months
- Pension: Auto-enrollment scheme in place
- Place of work: Wellbeing Service Hub locations across Cherwell and West
Purpose of the Job
This post holder will:
- Help people better manage their own mental health and get support to stay well.
- Provide direct provision to individuals and groups of appropriate evidence based wellbeing interventions including options sessions and follow up, delivering educational and coping skills courses and helping to facilitate peer support group sessions.
- Provide advice, options, signposting and supported onward referrals with other internal and external services and key partners.
For more information, please see the job description: WBSW C&W JD June 2019 (2)
How to Apply
VERY IMPORTANT: Applicants should structure their ‘General Information’ by responding to each of the points listed in the Person Specification / Selection Criteria. The shortlisting panel make their decisions based on this information and no assumptions about your skills or experience will be made. CVs will not be accepted.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or send them to Oxfordshire Mind, 2 Kings Meadow, Osney Mead, Oxford OX2 0DP.
Where possible we will confirm whether your application has been successful via email. If you do not have an email address, kindly forward a stamped addressed envelope for your reply.