Interview date: Tuesday, March 5, 2019
About Oxfordshire Mind
We’re Mind, the mental health charity. We’re here to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support; in total over 20,000 people in Oxfordshire access our services each year. With one in four people experiencing a mental health problem at some point in their lives, people need Mind more than ever. Our work includes:
The services we provide include:
- Transitional Supported Housing Recovery Service as part of the Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership
- Oxfordshire Mind Wellbeing Service
- Talking Space psychological therapy service in partnership with Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
- ‘Benefits for Better Mental Health’, a welfare benefits advice service
- Information line
- Volunteering & peer support opportunities
- We employ over 100 staff and operate in 28 locations around the county, providing support to around 20,000 people each year.
Applicants are expected to demonstrate they have one year’s ‘full time equivalent’ experience in the mental health field working with people with depression and/or anxiety. Please note students cannot be accepted onto any training programme if they are currently undertaking studies elsewhere. For candidates who have previously studied/partially completed a similar course – before your application can be considered references will be sought from the service lead of previous employing organisation and from the University course director.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a recruitment day on 5th March so please ensure you keep this day free. This will include a variety of tasks and activities to demonstrate knowledge, skills and aptitude in relation to the Job Description and Person Specification. Please be aware that if shortlisted you will be required to attend from 9.00am and the outcome of the morning tasks will determine whether you are invited to stay for the afternoon when you will deliver a prepared PowerPoint presentation and attend a formal interview
Closing date for applications: 21st February 2019
Start date – 15th April 2019
- Hours: 37 per week
- Salary: £20,751- £21,166 (SCP 21–22)
- Holidays: 28 days per annum
- Probationary Period: 6 months and subject to having passed all modules of the IAPT PWP training provided by the University of Reading
- Pension: Auto-enrollment scheme in place
- Place of work: Localities throughout Oxfordshire
Purpose of the Job
This post holder will:
- Work within the Oxfordshire ‘Improving Access to Psychological Therapies’ (IAPT) Service which is called TalkingSpace Plus.
- Provide a range of high volume low intensity Step 2 cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) based self management interventions to clients with mild to moderate anxiety and depression.
- See patients and deliver low intensity interventions in different locations around the county, mainly by telephone and with some face to face contact.
- Deliver TalkingSpace Plus psycho-educational courses.
- Undertake GP liaison, data entry and follow up work.
- Please see job description for full details.
For more information, please read the job description: IAPT TRAINEE PWP JD Feb19
How to Apply
VERY IMPORTANT: Applicants should structure their ‘General Information’ by responding to each of the points listed in the Person Specification / Selection Criteria. The shortlisting panel make their decisions based on this information and no assumptions about your skills or experience will be made. CVs will not be accepted.
Email applications to email@example.com or send them to Oxfordshire Mind, 2 Kings Meadow, Osney Mead, Oxford OX2 0DP.
Where possible we will confirm whether your application has been successful via email. If you do not have an email address, kindly forward a stamped addressed envelope for your reply.