Job Reference Number: RC191218
About Oxfordshire Mind
We’re Mind, the mental health charity. We’re here to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support; in total over 20,000 people in Oxfordshire access our services each year. With one in four people experiencing a mental health problem at some point in their lives, people need Mind more than ever. Our work includes:
- The Transitional Supported Housing Recovery Service (part of the Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership).
- The TalkingSpace Plus psychological therapy service in partnership with Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.
- The Oxfordshire Mind Wellbeing Service, which is part of both the TalkingSpace Plus and Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnerships and includes:
- Five Wellbeing Centres throughout the county
- Public Wellbeing & Information Services
- Physical Activity and Wellbeing
- Benefits for Better Mental Health, a welfare benefits advice service
- Volunteering and Peer Support Opportunities
- Raising awareness and campaigning activity.
We employ over 100 staff and operate in 28 locations around the county.
Overview of Role
The ‘Hardship through Crisis’ programme is a Big Lottery Funded funded initiative. The programme delivered in Oxford is an eight agency partnership that supports adults facing hardship crisis to access ‘wrap around’ advice and support to find long term solutions to multiple complex issues. Oxfordshire Mind hosts a Resilience Coach as part of this programme.
The Resilience Coach receives referrals from community-based advice and information agencies that are also part of the Oxford ‘Hardship through Crisis’ programme. Advice and information agencies will support clients in urgent crisis with their immediate problems (e.g. disastrous loss of income or accommodation). When appropriate, they may then refer clients to the Oxfordshire Mind Resilience Coach. The Resilience Coach will work with referred clients for a period of 2-3 months to help improve their lives in a range of areas, including improving social networks and confidence, support into employment and accessing other service providers as appropriate to the client. Clients requiring longer term support will be referred on to other sources of support.
The Resilience Coach will use a ‘Wheel of Life’ assessment at the beginning of the support to identify main issues and work with the client to develop a plan to support their progress, both during and after the support, in order to build longer term resilience. The Resilience Coach will support up to 50 clients a year.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Advert closes: Monday 4th February
Interviews: Week commencing 11th February
- Hours: 30 Hours per week
- Salary: £23,866 pro rata (NJC Salary Scale Point 26)
- Holidays: 28 days plus bank holidays
- Probationary Period: 6 Months
- Pension: Auto-enrolment scheme in place
- Place of work: Primarily Oxford with local travel
Purpose of the Job
This post holder will:
- Provide proactive in-depth support to referred clients (post advice from community-based organisations) to improve their resilience to better cope with difficult or crisis situations in the future.
- Assist clients to plan, develop problem solving skills, develop self-confidence and resilience
- Assist clients to access support from other key agencies to aid their future stability.
- Train other workers to be able to provide longer term support
For further information, please see the job description:Resilience Coach JD December 2018
How to Apply
VERY IMPORTANT: Applicants should structure their ‘General Information’ by responding to each of the points listed in the Person Specification / Selection Criteria. The shortlisting panel make their decisions based on this information and no assumptions about your skills or experience will be made. CVs will not be accepted.
Email applications to email@example.com or send them to Oxfordshire Mind, 2 Kings Meadow, Osney Mead, Oxford OX2 0DP.
Where possible we will confirm whether your application has been successful via email. If you do not have an email address, kindly forward a stamped addressed envelope for your reply.