Job Reference: QPWP291118
The post holder is required to have passed the IAPT Accredited training allowing them to work as a Qualified Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner
About Oxfordshire Mind
We’re Mind, the mental health charity. We’re here to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support; in total over 20,000 people in Oxfordshire access our services each year. With one in four people experiencing a mental health problem at some point in their lives, people need Mind more than ever. Our work includes:
- The Transitional Supported Housing Recovery Service (part of the Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership).
- The TalkingSpace Plus psychological therapy service in partnership with Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.
- The Oxfordshire Mind Wellbeing Service, which is part of both the TalkingSpace Plus and Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnerships and includes:
- Five Wellbeing Centres throughout the county
- Public Wellbeing & Information Services
- Physical Activity and Wellbeing
- Benefits for Better Mental Health, a welfare benefits advice service
- Volunteering and Peer Support Opportunities
- Raising awareness and campaigning activity.
We employ over 100 staff and operate in 28 locations around the county.
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £23,111 – £26,470 SCP 25–29
- Holidays: 28 days per annum plus bank holidays
- Probationary Period: 6 months
- Pension: Auto-enrolment scheme in place
- Place of work: Based in localities throughout Oxfordshire.
Purpose of the Job
This post holder will:
- Work within the Oxfordshire ‘Improving Access to Psychological Therapies’ (IAPT) Service which is called TalkingSpace Plus.
- Provide a range of high volume low intensity Step 2 cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) based self-management interventions mainly by telephone contact to clients with mild to moderate anxiety and depression.
- See patients and deliver low intensity interventions in different locations around the County, through telephone and face-to-face contact. Telephone contact normally takes place at Talking Space Plus.
- Be involved in key areas of work to reach people with anxiety and depression currently not accessing the service including patients with comborbid LTC/MUS.
- Undertake GP liaison, data entry and follow up work.
- Deliver TalkingSpace Plus psycho-educational classes/ workshops.
Opportunity to work towards supervisor training will be providedNational LTC/MUS training and/or top up training will be provided.For more information, please read the job description: IAPT QUAL PWP JD nov 18
How to ApplyYou must complete an application form (C.V.s are NOT acceptable). Please refer to the job description/person specification when filling out your application.Email applications to email@example.com or send them to Oxfordshire Mind, 2 Kings Meadow, Osney Mead, Oxford OX2 0DP.Should we receive sufficient applications we may close the advert before the stated date.
How to Apply
VERY IMPORTANT: Applicants should structure their ‘General Information’ by responding to each of the points listed in the Person Specification / Selection Criteria. The shortlisting panel make their decisions based on this information and no assumptions about your skills or experience will be made. CVs will not be accepted.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or send them to Oxfordshire Mind, 2 Kings Meadow, Osney Mead, Oxford OX2 0DP.
Where possible we will confirm whether your application has been successful via email. If you do not have an email address, kindly forward a stamped addressed envelope for your reply.