About Oxfordshire Mind
We’re Mind, the mental health charity. We’re here to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support; in total over 20,000 people in Oxfordshire access our services each year. With one in four people experiencing a mental health problem at some point in their lives, people need Mind more than ever. Our work includes:
- The Transitional Supported Housing Recovery Service (part of the Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership).
- The TalkingSpace Plus psychological therapy service in partnership with Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.
- The Oxfordshire Mind Wellbeing Service, which is part of both the TalkingSpace Plus and Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnerships and includes:
- Five Wellbeing Centres throughout the county
- Public Wellbeing & Information Services
- Physical Activity and Wellbeing
- Benefits for Better Mental Health, a welfare benefits advice service
- Volunteering and Peer Support Opportunities
- Raising awareness and campaigning activity.
We employ over 100 staff and operate in 28 locations around the county.
Are you passionate about supporting others? Do you want to make a difference to the lives of people with fluctuating mental health and wellbeing? Working for the Oxfordshire Mind Information Service will give you the chance to improve the lives of Oxfordshire people struggling with their mental health.
We are looking for a friendly and compassionate individual to join our Information Service team. The Information Service is a key function of the Oxfordshire Mind Wellbeing Service which provides mental health information, access to services, training and produces the Mind Guide. The Information Service includes our busy Information Line which is the first point of contact for anyone wanting to access Oxfordshire Mind services and friends, family members, carers and professionals.
The Information Line is open Monday to Friday during office hours.
Closing Date: 2nd June 2019
Interview Date: 13th June 2019
- Hours: 37 hours per a week (Job share opportunities may be considered)
- Salary: £21,166 per annum pt 11 NJC Salary Scale
- Holidays: 28 days per annum, plus bank holidays
- Probationary Period: 6 Months
- Pension: Auto enrolment pension scheme in place
- Place of work: Oxfordshire Mind Office, 2 Kings Meadow, Osney Mead, Oxford
Purpose of the Job
This post holder will:
- Provide mental health information, book appointments and respond to information requests that come in through the information line and Information Service inbox
- Undertake and record follow up telephone conversations with all service users accessing our services
- Maintain the Information Service databases including the Mind Guide
- Attend public events and appointments in order to provide information to third parties
- Order and keep stock of up to date information resources such as fact sheets and National Mind resources
- Work as part of the Information Service team; providing support and guidance to volunteers and colleagues as required
- Work in partnership with Oxfordshire Mind staff to ensure they have access to the mental health information they require
For more information on the job role, please see the job description: Information Worker_ JD VERY IMPORTANT: Applicants should structure their application by responding to each of the points listed in the Person Specification / Selection Criteria.The short-listing panel make their decisions based on this information and no assumptions about your skills or experience will be made. CV’s will not be accepted.
How to Apply
VERY IMPORTANT: Applicants should structure their ‘General Information’ by responding to each of the points listed in the Person Specification / Selection Criteria. The shortlisting panel make their decisions based on this information and no assumptions about your skills or experience will be made. CVs will not be accepted.
Email applications to email@example.com or send them to Oxfordshire Mind, 2 Kings Meadow, Osney Mead, Oxford OX2 0DP.
Where possible we will confirm whether your application has been successful via email. If you do not have an email address, kindly forward a stamped addressed envelope for your reply.