Interview date: Thursday, August 29, 2019
Closing date: Tuesday, August 20th 2019
About Oxfordshire Mind
We’re Mind, the mental health charity. We’re here to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support; in total over 20,000 people in Oxfordshire access our services each year. With one in four people experiencing a mental health problem at some point in their lives, people need Mind more than ever. Our work includes:
- The Transitional Supported Housing Recovery Service (part of the Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership).
- The TalkingSpace Plus psychological therapy service in partnership with Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.
- The Oxfordshire Mind Wellbeing Service, which is part of both the TalkingSpace Plus and Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnerships and includes:
- Five Wellbeing Centres throughout the county
- Public Wellbeing & Information Services
- Physical Activity and Wellbeing
- Benefits for Better Mental Health, a welfare benefits advice service
- Volunteering and Peer Support Opportunities
- Raising awareness and campaigning activity.
We employ over 100 staff and operate in 28 locations around the county.
- Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term
- Hours: 37 Hours per week
- Salary: £21,166 per annum (NJC Salary Scale 11- 18)
- Holidays: 28 days per annum, plus bank holidays
- Probationary Period: 6 Months
- Pension: Auto-enrollment scheme in place
- Place of work: Osney Mead and Manzil Way, Oxford
Purpose of the Job
This post holder will:
- Provide benefits advice, referrals and signposting for mental health service users across Oxfordshire both via telephone as part of the Oxfordshire Mind Information Service, and in person.
- Work towards client empowerment and improved wellbeing by providing detailed advice and options which enables them to make informed decisions.
- Manage demand on the service by effective assessment, allocation and signposting of cases.
- Gather outcomes and reporting for campaigning.
For more information on the role, please see job description: Benefits Information Worker JD August 2019
How to Apply
VERY IMPORTANT: Applicants should structure their ‘General Information’ by responding to each of the points listed in the Person Specification / Selection Criteria. The shortlisting panel make their decisions based on this information and no assumptions about your skills or experience will be made. CVs will not be accepted.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or send them to Oxfordshire Mind, 2 Kings Meadow, Osney Mead, Oxford OX2 0DP.
Where possible we will confirm whether your application has been successful via email. If you do not have an email address, kindly forward a stamped addressed envelope for your reply.