“Giving a speech about my experience of mind was to help others suffering from mental illness and help them relate to my recovery and knowing through mind services there is hope and recovery. This has also helped me with confidence and helping others is so rewarding for me.”Expert by Experience, 2018
- Do you wish to share your own experiences with mental health?
- Do you want to make a positive impact in your local community?
- Do you want to build your skills and confidence?
Sharing your own story is a great way to help others going through similar mental health problems. We’re always looking for current and previous Oxfordshire Mind service users who would be willing to share their story to raise awareness, challenge stigma around mental health, improve services, and give their point of view about the work we do at Oxfordshire Mind.
As an Oxfordshire Mind Expert by Experience you can choose to:
- Give public talks about your experiences in the local community
- Share your story on our website or social media
- Share your expert viewpoint at Oxfordshire Mind workshops
- Be involved in campaigning
- Give talks at Oxfordshire Mind staff training
Don’t worry if you’ve never done anything like this before – you’ll have an informal interview before getting started where we’ll talk to you about what support you might need. You’ll also receive monthly group supervisions and training, as well receiving an involvement payment and reimbursed travel expenses.
If you want to share your story as an Expert by Experience, then please get in touch with the Oxfordshire Mind Service User Involvement Coordinator.