Wellbeing is about feeling good and functioning well. It includes feeling positive, having a sense of purpose and belonging and being able to cope with problems and change.
Five Ways to Wellbeing
Just as there are steps you can take to look after your physical health, there are practical ways to improve your wellbeing. These are the Five Ways to Wellbeing. Local organisations like Oxfordshire Mind offer practical ways to help you build the five ways into your life. Try some of the activities and make a positive difference to how you feel.
With people around you with friends, family, colleagues, neighbours. Strengthening these connections will support and enrich you every day.
- Join a local group or a Mind peer support group
- Join Elefriends, a supportive online community
- Age UK Oxfordshire run a telephone befriending service for over 50s.
Find an activity you enjoy. Go for a walk. Garden. Dance. Just step outside. Exercising at a level that suits you will make you feel good.
- Active Body, Healthy Mind will help you to do more sport or exercise
- Generation Games is an activity network for over 50s run by Age UK Oxfordshire
- Oxford Health Walks offer gentle walks
Be curious, savour the moment whether you are walking to work, eating lunch or talking to friends. Reflecting on your experiences will help you appreciate what matters.
- Take some time to enjoy the moment
- Start a mindfulness course with the Oxford Mindfulness Centre
Try something new. Rediscover an old interest. Set a new challenge you will enjoy achieving. Sign up for a course, fix a bike, cook a new dish.
- Sign up to our Practical Ways to Wellbeing course
- Check out Adult Learning courses.
Do something nice for a friend or stranger. Thank someone. Smile. Volunteer your time. Seeing yourself linked to the community can be rewarding.
- Volunteer for a local charity like Mind
- Join Elefriends online. Offer support to people going through difficult times.
Keep in touch
For more information about our services please call the Information Line on 01865 247788 or email email@example.com.